Wednesday, May 12, 2004

music of the moment: A Day Without Rain

okz i finally got drunk yest night liao.. was playing indian poker in chalet.. and i keep kenna-ing the smallest card! still rem..its always 2 spades.. heh.. finally tested my limit.. sad to say it was only 2 styrofoam cupful of gin/tonic and whiskey/ginger beer.. heh.. qte embarrassing actually... to be drunk after so little.. but hey i seldom drink k.. i'm a guai1 guai1 nv3.. heh

hmmz interesting experience of being drunk.. din lose my consciousness.. nor my memory.. juz tat i realised my motor skills were impaired.. like my stability was obviously not v good ald..when i turn i'll become soooooooo giddy.. and i realised i cldn't really control my hand motions.. such tat they became qte jerky.. heh..was qte apparant when i was playing bridge..ended up throwing the cards out everytime when i din mean to.. and not to mention my kinda off aiming when throwing my bag to the corner.. heh..

yeah and rxn time is lengthened... now i know why pple blabber when they're drunk..cuz before they can realise wat they're bout to say, restrain themselves from saying wat they'd normally not say, they say out ald.. heh

and my perception of my surroundings is not tat good too.....
like i'm in a mental haze.. heh.. took me qte some time for me to perceive teh presence of other pple at the beach near the bench we were sitting.. the dimness of the lights din really help much la.. heh

but i notice ya.. tat i feel better when i'm walking about.. moving.. rather than juz stationary sitting there.. made me feel like puking more.. which i did la.. but not in a spectacular way.. haha.. not like this person who puked halfway through dancing onto the surrounding club-goers (as ty described).. i juz puked quietly into the sink.. hehe.. right xj?? hehe

hmmz the following morn (ie this morn) we went to sing karaoke.. heh first time tat i sang more than 1 chinese song.. qte cheap actually.. set lunch included in 3hrs plus.. all in all only $66.80 for 6pple.. ok la granted it was wed morn near noon.. haha

hmmz then came back.. after doing a to-do list of wat im' supposed to do htis hols (which includes consulting a zhong1yi1 for my panda eyes) i started to repair my qin2.. my baby.. heh..left it alone for qte a few months liao.. its time i took care of it again.... at least muz touch once in a hwile tat kinda thing..

yepz so i changed teh first and second string.. but havent tuned the first string to the correct pitch.. cuz its really qte... err.. scary.. cuz if you're not careful, the string might juz break anytime and hit me on teh face or wat. then will have cut on face.. my frens kenna this qte a few times.. i also kenna but on my thigh lucky.. (i tune hte qin with the qin across my lap. so its eitehr my face or my thigh.. nothing surprising.. heh)
so you have to coax the string.. ie do it slowly.. so do until now i havent completed the task..haha.. cuz i rusty le.. v long nev tune string so cant tune with much confidence nowadays.. (confidence whether the string will remain intact when you turn the zhou2 each time heh)

anw speaking of my baby.. i've got another baby in dhs..and i so much prefer tat one.. cuz 1. its easier to play 2. it sounds better. 3. it looks prettier 4. the goldplated "frets" will shine if you play it often cuz the friction removes oxidation. (oh well but it costs twice as much as the one at home)
but! the sad thing is its not mine..so i had to return it to dhs and pass it on to my juniors when i graduated.. and i was so sad to see it being neglected by my juniors when i went back for a visit.. can tell cuz the frets dun shine anymore.. and when i played it.. it sounds.. hoarse.... doesn't sound as smooth.. *sniffle*

sighz i miss my baby.. the one in dhs.. i can still rem the id number.. its LQ14.. =(
nvm mebbe i shld juz conc on the one at home.. altho it keeps giving me probs.... strings breaking.. frets falling off.. sighz

hmz actually still got stuff wanna blog.. but... mebbe tmr or wat.. a bit late le..

nitez pple~

No comments: