Monday, May 02, 2005

was walking home from teh mrt tonight (about mn) and i met this guy.. he was like walking a few steps behind me.. din notice him until i saw some shadow in the corner of my eye, and turned back to find out if it was some bad guy following me.

so.. i turned back, and when i did, he took a few bigger steps to be closer to me (!!!!) and asked if i knew where block 462 is (i live in 461). was qte scared actually and i think it was kinda obvious. so i juz quickly told him where tat was in the hope that he'd juz go away quickly.

by now he was walking like 2 steps diagonally infront of me. which is qte a relief cuz it lessens the probability that he was some baddie. i mean if he really wanted to do me harm he'd have made sure he was behind, or at least beside me right?

but i was stil scared cuz he din juz go off.. apparently he din really get my directions and kept trying to locate the block. (sure or not???!) and throughout he also told me some other stuff, eg he juz came back from UK and was looking for fren who lives in block 462 (but there wasnt any UK accent in his voice...plus i asked him how come he doesnt want to call his fren to go fetch him but he juz smiled and chuckled. its either a case of ego prob or he's really baddie giving excuses for him not knowing his way!!), that i have some stuff ard my eye (which was white the first time he told me, and blue the second, duhz. k la mebbe different descriptions cuz of the lighting. but hte lighting was street lighting leh. ie orange light. hmmm), and that he tot i was affected the by stuff ard my eye cuz i kept blinking (which i dun recall doing............. ), and he even asked - twice - if i lived near!!!!!!!!! scaryz~

anwz, thank goodness i'm blogging this.. cuz it shows that im' still safe and sound. heh. in the end i made sure he walked in front of me, so that im in a safer position, and so that i can ensure he doens't see which block i head towards (he'll reach my block before reaching 462).

k la mebbe im' paranoid or wat but it was 12mn ok.. and teh route back isnt exactly teeming with people..usually there'd be no one else.. ok la it wasnt tat deserted either la as its juz next to the main road. but still its better to be safe than sorry right???? and actually this is not hte first time i juz walk home uneventful. there was one other time, a few years ago.. this security guard doing duty at the SIR building (as it was known then) stopped me and asked if we cld be frens!!! i mean duhz he looked like he was 40plus.

which brings to mind this observation.. it seems like most of the guys who look at me while i'm on the street are uncles. scaryz~!
hmm or mebbe its only cuz younger guys are more discreet in their gaze. heh.. i hope tats really the case, and not that ONLY uncles look at me. *goosebumps*

oh well.. gtg zzzzzzz...........

No comments: