Thursday, February 02, 2006

took out Jewel's "Spirit" and was enjoying my fav tracks when i decided to type out one of hte lyrics.. this song was my fav song back in my jc days, and remains one of my favs up till this day.

i rem i blogged about another of my fav song, mentioned tat the song altho simple was very emotional ie expressive.. it is the same for this song. i also like this song for its lyrics.. the lyricist uses imagery to crystallise the singer's intense love for her beloved into things that we can see.. the impact generated is thus amplified. the lyricist starts with a personification of the emotions, which gradually intensifies.. from passive wanting, into active wanting. the first paragraph talks about "waiting", and the second paragraph intensifies the "want" by words like "hunger", "restlessness", and finally, in the third paragraph, the singer is depicted to be so deep the want that she becomes active and seeks out her beloved by verbs like "lay", "reinvent".

heh ok i shall stop gushing about how expressive and poetic this song is and jus let you see for yourself.. wld have uploaded a link to song if only my webstorage has enough space for it. so.. paiseh, can only let you all admire hte lyrics first, until i find space for it..



Absence of Fear
Jewel

. inside my skin there is this space . it twists and turns . it bleeds and aches . inside my heart there's an empty room . its waiting for lightning . its waiting for you . and i am wanting . and i am needing you here . inside the absence of fear .

. muscle and sinew . velvet and stone . this vessel is haunted . it creaks and moans . my bones call to you . in their separate skin . i make myself translucent . to let you in, for i am wanting . and i am needing you here . inside the absence of fear .
. there is this hunger . this restlessness inside of me . and it knows that you're no stranger . you're my gravity .

. my hands will adore you through all darkness and . they will lay you out in moonlight . and reinvent your name . for i am wanting you . and i am needing you here . i need you near . inside the absence of fear .

No comments: